BULGARIA Residency & Citizenship by Investment
The ideal gateway into the European economy and way of life, Bulgaria is diverse, culturally rich, and perfectly placed for working and travelling in and around the continent.
WHY CHOOSE BULGARIA?
As one of the youngest EU member states, Bulgaria boasts a rich and diverse culture, temperate climate, and ideal location in Southeast Europe. The Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship in Bulgaria helps get you there faster with the following benefits:
- Residency within six to nine months.
- Fast-track option for citizenship within two years.
- Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation.
- Government-approved investments and available financing options from banks.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Lowest tax rates and free-trade environment within the EU.
Benefits for Permanent Residents
- Free movement within the Schengen zone after Bulgaria becomes a member state.
- Access to high-quality health care in Bulgaria and the EU.
- Conditional tax exemption on world income.
Benefits for Citizens
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe.
- Right to own land in any EU country.
Offered in accordance with the Foreigners in the Republic of Bulgaria Act, the Investor Program for Residence and Citizenship includes a fast-track citizenship option. It is also one of the fastest programs to lead to residence.
To qualify for residency or citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Be a non-EU citizen.
- Possess a valid passport or another foreign travel document.
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of invested funds.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Attest the power of attorneys and the investment agreement.
- Make the minimum statutory trips to Bulgaria.
Applicants choosing this option must deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds.
Clients can leverage their capital by choosing to finance the required investment amount through a European bank. Please contact us for the cost of financing and further details.
FAST-TRACK TO CITIZENSHIP
The fast-track option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
- Have at least one year of permanent residency status.
- Double the investment by purchasing €512,000 in government bonds or in the capital of a Bulgarian company that is carrying out a Priority Investment Project (as defined in the Investment Promotion Act).
- Hold a second additional investment for a period of two years.
Financing options are available to qualified applicants. Applications for the fast-track program are examined under express procedure.
In accordance with the Bulgarian Citizenship Act, foreign investors who hold a permanent resident permit for at least five years are eligible to apply for Bulgarian citizenship. The requirements for those who opt for the regular program are as follows:
- Be over 18 years old.
- Must have maintained permanent resident status and a valid residential address for the past five years.
- Must have never been sentenced by a Bulgarian court for a capital offence or accused in criminal proceedings for such a crime (unless he/she has been rehabilitated).
Investors will need to file a citizenship application and pass medical tests in their current country of residence.
FAQ 1: CAN I STUDY IN ANOTHER EU COUNTRY AS A BULGARIA PR HOLDER?
In case of any query or meeting appointment with Dubai Best Immigration Consultants, feel free to email us at email@example.com