PORTUGAL Residency & Citizenship by Investment
One of Europe’s oldest countries, Portugal boasts a rich historical and architectural heritage. Luminosity, radiance and culture beam through the whitewashed villages and lush vineyards of this country positioned on the blissfully elegant shores of the Atlantic ocean.
WHY CHOOSE PORTUGAL?
Portugal boasts a rich and diverse culture, Mediterranean climate, and a safe and stable setting ideal for raising families, conducting business or travelling. Investors find many opportunities in Portugal’s secure and fast-developing market, including the following:
- Residence visa waiver for entering Portugal.
- Live and work in Portugal.
- Visa-free travel within the Schengen member states.
- Permanent residency after five years as a temporary resident.
- Citizenship after one year as a permanent resident.
- Inclusion of family members, such as spouse or partner, dependent children and dependent parents.
Portugal’s Golden Resident Permit Program is offered in accordance with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the Department of Consular Affairs and the Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency (AICEP).
Aimed at attracting foreign direct investments to the country, the program yields a residency permit in Portugal to non-EU investors who fulfill one of the investment options below and meet the following requirements:
- Provide proof that investment funds originate from abroad.
- Hold no criminal record.
- The main applicant’s property is not frozen within the boundaries of the EU.
- Pay application and processing fees where applicable.
- Enter Portugal for the first time on a valid Schengen visa.
- Meet or exceed the minimum stay requirements. (Seven days for the first year, 14 days for subsequent two-year periods.)
In July 2015, through Act 63/2015 and Regulatory Decree 15-A/2015, the required investment options were revised and new ones added. Investors can now choose from the following:
1. Property Investment
A. Applicants may acquire property valued at €500,000 or more.
B. Applicants may acquire property valued at €350,000 or more for properties more than 30 years old or located in urban regeneration areas designated for refurbishing.
2. Arton’s Qualified Offer
Casa da Companhia is a rehabilitation project of a Palatial House, an emblematic building in the city of Porto built in the 18th century. The €11.2 million project includes the development of luxury residences, amenities, a SPA club, restaurant, shop, and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Only 32 fractions of €350,000 are issued to investors as co-owners of the entire property. Some of the project benefits include the following:
- Guaranteed 4 percent annual rental return, starting from the first year of operation.
- Easy and flexible exit strategy.
- 100 percent funds return guarantee after five years.
- Seven days of accommodation per year.
- Great location.
For more details, please consult the project prospectus.
3. Capital Investment
A. Applicants may invest a minimum of €350,000 in research activities.
B. Applicants may invest a minimum of €250,000 in the arts or in the reconstruction or refurbishment of national heritage projects.
C. Applicants may invest a minimum of €500,000 for shares in investment funds or venture capital.
4. Job Creation
Applicants must create 10 or more jobs.
In case of any query or meeting appointment with Dubai Best Portugal & Residency Visa Consultants, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org