One of the main goals of Canadian immigration is to welcome skilled newcomers who will contribute to Canada’s growing economy. Skilled workers who settle in Canada on a permanent basis are especially valuable to Canada’s economy and the strength of its workforce.Successful applicants of the Skilled Worker Immigration programs will receive a Canadian Immigration (permanent resident) Visa, allowing the applicant to immigrate to Canada with his or her family.

As a skilled worker or professional, you have several options to consider. For example, you can either apply under Canada’s Federal Skilled Worker Class also known by the name of Express Entry Program. In addition, if you know in which province or territory you plan to reside, you may be able to submit an application through one of the provincial nominee programs. Below, you will find a list of those programs for you to explore.

  • Federal Skilled Worker: This program is for individuals with certain work experience who intend to reside in any province or territory outside of the province of Quebec.
  • Quebec Skilled Worker: Applicants who plan to immigrate to the province of Quebec may be eligible to submit an application through this program.
  • Provincial Nominee Programs : Most provinces and territories have created their own skilled worker programs for those intending to live and work in their particular province or territory. These are fast-track Canadian immigration programs that allow candidates to receive a provincial nomination certificate. In most cases, a nomination certificate will allow candidates to immigrate more quickly than through other Canadian immigration programs.


Many Canadian employers are actively seeking foreign skilled workers to join their workforce as quickly as possible. If you can obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer, you may also qualify for fast-track Canadian immigration application processing. Please contact Mahandru Associates to to start your free assessment.

The basic requirement for all kinds of foreign visitors who are neither a Canadian Citizen nor a Canadian Permanent Resident is that they have to obtain official Canadian Government’s permission to enter the country either with or without a Temporary Resident Visa. In other words, while Canada is generous and happy in welcoming the 35 million odd visitors to its shores, You do need to apply and get the Temporary Residence permit or Visitor Visa before you enter Canada.

In the above condition, for obvious reasons, citizens of those countries who have got a Visa Exemption from the Canadian Government are excluded. The visitors may be of any of the categories like tourists, temporary foreign worker (holding work permits), and international students with study permits.

The Visitor Visa/Temporary Resident Visa isa Canadian Visa that is issued by a Canadian foreign office that is located outside of Canada. It is very much temporary grant of admission into Canada with either a single entry or multiple entries Visa as the case may be. Normally, the Temporary Resident Visas are offered for a period of six months. Temporary foreign workers and international students are granted visas for periods that are determined case by case only.Contact Mahandru Associate for free assessment and details.

The Family Class allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to sponsor their dependent children, parents and grandparents, and spouse or common-law/conjugal partner. Canada strongly supports keeping families together whenever possible. As such, the processing of Family Class applications is given the highest priority at Canadian Visa Offices.

Under this program, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may sponsor a spouse or common-law partner as well as children for Canadian permanent residence. Both the Canadian citizen or permanent resident (also called the ‘sponsor’) and the foreign national (the ‘sponsored person’) must be approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada in order for the sponsored person to receive a visa.To learn more about eligibility requirements for Family Reunion, contact Mahandru Associates.

In order to study in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which serves as a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less. Nonetheless, it may be a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada anyway – otherwise if you decide you want to continue your studies in another program, you’ll need to leave Canada to apply for a study permit through a visa office.

Once you have a Canadian study permit, you can apply to renew it from within Canada if you decide to continue your studies. For full-time students registered at an accredited higher education institution, a study permit also allows you to work part-time on campus. You may also be able to work off-campus, work as a co-op or intern as part of your program, stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate.

Mahandru Associates has a lot of experience on the matter and we are will to make your dreams of studying in the high quality Canadian university come true. To check eligibility for the said Canadian Student visa, contact us for a free assessment.

Canada’s constitutional laws feature a dual immigration system. Historically, both the Federal government and that of the province of Quebec operated their own passive business investment programs. Following the winding up of the Federal program in June 2014, the Quebec Investor program remains the sole option for business immigrants with a high net worth wishing to secure permanent residence on the basis of a passive investment.

The primary requirements to qualify under the Quebec Immigrant Investor program are:

  • Have a legally acquired personal net worth of $1.6 million CAD;
  • Possess two years of suitable management or business experience within the five years preceding the application;
  • Commit to making an investment of $800,000 CAD into a passive government guaranteed investment for a period of five years bearing no interest;
  • Intend to settle in the province of Quebec.


The Quebec Investor program is passive in nature, meaning that individuals selected under its auspices are not required to establish or actively manage a business in the province. Rather, the program requires an investment of $800,000 CAD into a prescribed (government guaranteed) investment. Applicants must have the intention of settling in the French speaking province of Quebec. Successful applicants are issued a selection certificate from Quebec, which allows them to obtain Canadian permanent residence following health and criminality examinations by Federal immigration authorities. Contact Mahandru Associates for a free assessment.

Back to top